Cyclops Grand Challenge Workshop March 2017
The Cyclops Grand Challenge Workshop is the network's key event to stimulate collaborations leading to bids for funding for feasibility studies.
63 delegates attended, covering
- Academics from 17 universities, with expertise in a wide range of disciplines, from monitoring and measuring systems, to human factors to modelling and artificial intelligence
- 10 clinicians (4 NHS Trusts) covering the clinical exemplar areas of wound care, cancer care and intensive care
- 2 patient representatives
- 4 commercial organisations
- other healthcare stakeholders
Together we explored the opportunities for closed loop control systems
to optimise treatment and began developing ideas for feasibility studies.
- Learned from clinicians what are the clinical needs for
Intensive care, Chronic wound care, and
- Found out the latest developments in technology and research for
Monitoring devices, Modelling,
- Networked with people along the pathway to application, from academics and suppliers to clinicians and NHS managers
- Identified the opportunities for closed loop control systems and develop new collaborations to bid for feasibility studies
- Participants of the workshop bided for a share of the £300,000 funding.
From our keynote speaker, Maureen McCue, Head of Research and Technology - Aerospace at BAE Systems, to our clinical and technical overviews, the event programme is available below.
The presentations from the Cyclops workshop are available to download below.
Funding and support