About the Cyclops network
The rapid growth rate of the network, 40 in December 2016 to 80 by July 2017 and 120 by March 2018, shows popularity of the Cyclops subject area.
A list of our members can be downloaded here.
If you would like to join the network please send your name, and a brief description of your expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Network Management group
Cyclops is led by a management group from the University of Nottingham, University of Warwick and University of Oxford. It is managed by Dr Jasmine Harvey.
Dr Sergiy Korposh
is an Associate Professor in Electronics, Nanoscale Bioelectronics and Biophotonics, Faculty of Engineering at the University of Nottingham. His research focuses on the development and fabrication of chemical sensors based on a range of sensing platforms modified with functional nano-materials. In Cyclops he is a Co-Investigator and is the Network Director.
Professor Steve Morgan
is Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, at the University of Nottingham and Co-Director of the Centre for Healthcare Technologies
. His research focuses on the development of novel optical devices to monitor the microcirculation for application in tissue breakdown and wound healing. In Cyclops, he is Principal Investigator and will be leading the clinical exemplar area of wound care.
Professor Jonathan Hardman
is clinical professor in anaesthesia and critical illness at the University of Nottingham, and a consultant anaesthetist in the NHS. His research focuses on the modelling of human pathophysiology including the application of modelling to anaesthesia and critical care. In Cyclops, he is a Co-Investigator and will be co-leading the clinical exemplar area of Intensive Care.
Professor Helen Byrne
is Professor of Mathematical Biology at the Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford. Her research focuses on the development and analysis of mathematical and computational models that describe biomedical systems, with particular application to the growth and treatment of solid tumours, wound healing and tissue engineering. In Cyclops, she is a Co-Investigator and will be leading the clinical exemplar area of cancer care and the pathways to impact activities.
Professor Declan Bates
is Professor of Bioengineering, School of Engineering, at the University of Warwick and Co-Director of the Warwick Integrative Synthetic Biology Centre
. His research focuses on the modelling, analysis, control and design of complex biological systems. He is experienced in the validation and verifiation of safety-critical systems. In Cyclops, he is a Co-Investigator and will be co-leading the clinical exemplar area of Intensive Care.
Cyclops Advisory Board
The Cyclops Advisory Board will ensure fair distribution of funding, extend the network and provide advice.
- Professory Terry Young (Chair) - Professor of Healthcare Systems, Brunel University London
- Professor Melissa Mather - Professor of BioMedical Engineering, Keele University
- Mrs Beth Beeson - Consultant Clinical Engineer, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Professor Mike Hannay - Managing Director - East Midlands Academic Health Sciences Network
- Dr Carmelo Velardo - Senior Researcher and Departmental Lecturer, the Oxford Institute of Biomedical Engineering
- Dr Timothy Shuttleworth - EPSRC Healthcare Technologies portfolio manager
- Dr Sophie Dale-Black - Communications Manager - Innovation Excellence, Innovate UK (currently inactive)
- Mrs Kate Reading - EPSRC representative (currently inactive)